Meet the Staff Feature Questions
- What is your name?
- What is your job title?
- What branch do you work at?
Buchanan-Haralson Public Library
- How long have you been with WGRL?
I2 years, plus several months volunteering as we opened our library in February 2003.
- What did you do before coming to WGRL?
I worked in accounting and income tax preparation for 21 years.
- What’s your favorite part of working at the library?
My favorite part of working at the library is our Children’s StoryTime. I love introducing books to children and sharing the fun of reading with them. I truly love working at our library.
- What’s one of your favorite books and movies?
I am a fan of Harry Potter in print, audio and film. I appreciate the impact Ms. Rowling had on children’s literature. It’s a treat to have a series that drives young folks to take up the challenge of a thick chapter book.
- If you could have dinner with three people, living or dead, who would they be?
My Mom, Jim Henson and Stephen King. An interesting trio of folks I admire, but I would prefer a lunch during broad daylight with Mr. King—he’s scary!
- Tell us a little bit about your family.
I have been married to Scott for 35 years and still love him madly! We have two great sons, Kalen who studies with Berklee School of Music and Eagle Scout Will who is a high school senior planning to attend U.W.G. this fall to become an educator.
- What do you like to do when you’re not at the library?
I enjoy spending time with family, reading, cooking and camping.
- What are you reading/listening to now?
I just finished Gone Girl and loved it. It’s one of the best books I’ve read lately. I am currently enjoying Stephen King’s Revival.